Happy New Year to our friends, colleagues, families, and schools! We would like to thank everyone we have had the pleasure of working alongside in 2022.
We are slowly settling back into our routines after we all had time off over the holidays to rest and recharge.
The beginning of a new year can provide a lovely opportunity to reflect on the year gone by, and plan for what is upcoming. We have some exciting plans coming up, including new services and training, and we feel privileged to continue to support children and families everyday! This includes;
- Working with Mainstream and Special Schools across Leeds and Yorkshire, to provide Sensory Integration Occupational Therapy for students with different types of educational needs
- Supporting children, young people and their families who are experiencing emotional regulation difficulties using Sensory Attachment Intervention. We might work directly with families who self-refer, or be commissioned through Social Care teams
- Providing a range of Assessment and Therapy sessions at our Juniper TreeHouse clinic
- Providing training and supervision for Education, Social and Healthcare colleagues across the UK – we’re still doing lots of this online, but do have such a new appreciation for being able to do this face-to-face again too!
- Working with parents and carers to provide forums for peer support, advice & guidance
- Emma & Nick are also continuing in their role on the Sensory Attachment Intervention Training and Education Board, and are delighted to be welcoming our first onsite course this year at Juniper TreeHouse, the the Postural Control & Praxis Module.
We intend to share what we’re up to as we move through the year, but please do contact us if you have any questions or thoughts! For now, we’ll leave you with a nice quote for January – or for anytime!
“The horizon leans forward, offering you space to place new steps of change”
We look forward to seeing you all soon!
Emma, Joy, Kat & Nick